Tuesday 27 April 2010

"i was feeling oblique"

Masked Mouse, 01-25-2008
It wasn't written in 1992. It's about Blur splitting with their old producer.
This song is definitely the weak spot on 13 and maybe one of their worst songs altogether. I mean, I like atmosphere but this one doesn't really go anywhere.

milom, 3 min ago
It's all in perception, man. 13 being my favourite album means i'm into its vibe. And this, if anything, is one of its highlights.

Didn't like it at first, but sometimes time has to pass in order to appreciate something. Some of my fav songs felt rubbish at first only for them to "pop" in my head obsessively some 6 months later, like a soundtrack to "life". And i couldn't quite explain HOW that came to be, but i know why. Because when listening to a song, like it or not, it's associated with a feeling. Later on when you reach that particular feeling the brain just reaches out for the song, even though it may be in the shitty-bin. But arguably this actually means it wasn't shit to begin with. It DID mean something to you. 
And this did mean something to me. I've had some of the best trips on it.
btw, it wasn't written in 1992, but in a year which ended a relationship started in 1992. Both landmark years. And i can relate that to why this blog is named 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.