Monday 9 November 2009

Best stats

I gave swedish top students a test; to pick the country with the highest mortality in each pair out of five pairs. They were right on average 1.8 out of 5. I was happy. It was obvious they needed my course and i had what to teach them.

But then i really realized my discovery.
I have shown that swedish top students know statistically less about the world than chimpanzees.

I also did a test with the professors there - you know, the ones who give out the Nobel Prizes - and they're on par with the chimpanzees there...

Out of 5
Swedish students           average   1.8
Chimpanzees                average   2.5 
Professors                 average   2.4             

Hans Rosling on TED 2006
http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.