Monday 8 September 2014

Storm [It's not perfect, but it's mine]


"Isn't this enough?

Just this world?



"Just this beautiful,

complex

Wonderfully unfathomable,

 natural world?

How does it so fail to hold our attention
That we have to diminish it with the invention
Of cheap, man-made myths and monsters?

If you're so into your Shakespeare
Lend me your ear:

To gild refined gold, to paint the lily,

To throw perfume on the violet...…

 ...is just fucking silly

Or something like that.

I see trees of green,

Red roses too,

And fine, if you wish to
Glorify Krishna and Vishnu

In a post-colonial, condescending
Bottled-up and labeled kind of way

Then whatever, that's okay.

But here's what gives me a hard-on:







I have

and it is

And

But thanks to

 recent scientific advances

I get to live


As my




and

Twice as long

 to live this life of mine

Twice as long to love this wife of mine

Twice as many years of friends and wine

Of sharing curries and getting shitty
With good-looking hippies

With fairies on their spines

And butterflies on their titties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.