Monday 29 September 2014

Septembre [Not perfect]


This is my body
And I live in it
It’s twenty-eight and
Two months old...
It’s changed a lot
Since it was new,
It’s done stuff it wasn’t built to do...
I often try to fill it up with
Beer

And the weirdest thing about it is,
I spend so much time hating it
But it never says a bad word about me

This is my body
And it’s fine.
It’s where I spend the vast
Majority of my time,
It’s not perfect
But it’s mine.



This is my brain and I live in it
It’s made of love
And bad decisions...
It’s tucked away behind my eyes,
Where all my fucked-up thoughts can hide
'Cause God forbid I hurt somebody!

And the weirdest thing about a mind
Is that every answer that you find
Is the basis of a brand new cliché

This is my brain,
And it’s fine
It’s where I spend the vast
Majority of my time.
It’s not perfect,
But it’s mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.