Monday 27 July 2009

I live to dream again

In the middle of reading a book that notes the importance of dreams and of projected desires upon dreams i couldn't help but correlate some events.

There is a classical youth dream/nightmare about falling. I not only have had it a lot as a child but actually didn't wake up before impact one time. I only remember it hurt. Recently i've though about an opportunity to get over [and maybe even relive] that event [contradictory desire] - bungee jumping.

Hours went by, [just a few] drinks marked that time and i found myself at dawn stranded, sitting on some stairs desperately fighting sleep because i didn't want to wake up any tent-mates.

Sleep won and because of the sleepless nights before that, DEEP sleep won which made my forward-leaning body to take a dive downward. Luckily -i'm lead to guess- not on the concrete stairs that would have performed quick surgery on my head, but sidewards. Woken up in a slight state of shock (sleeping bodies are used to lighter breathing, not impacts with rocks and dirt) i simply resumed my position before i even had the time to acknowledge what had happened. Similar to when a quick awakening of a tired body makes the subject lose any track of time and space, being just scared.

What bugged me... in the confusion i wasn't sure anything happened and my thought for about 15 seconds revolved around "I've had the fall-dream again".
I felt something was off and after two minutes of thinking [a little] blood rushing through my pants enlightened me. I had not been dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.